Tuesday, April 7, 2009

There Are No Ifs

Cool passage in Mark 9.14-32 ...

A man brings his demon-afflicted son to Jesus for Healing. The man says, "If you can do anything, do it. Have a heart and help us!"

I love the response of Jesus...Jesus says, "If? There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen."

The man goes on to say, "Then I believe. Help me with my doubts!"

Jesus goes on to heal the boy...the disciples (who initially tried to heal the boy) asked Jesus, "Why couldn't we throw the demon out?" Jesus answers, "There is no way to get rid of this kind of demon except by prayer."

Like the the child in this story, we all have our "demons," whether it be the economy, temptations, etc...and like the boys father, we all have our doubts. But as Christ Followers, we all have Jesus who can heal us all...

The word "If" has just been eliminated from my Prayer life!


"...There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen."