Sunday, January 15, 2012

Religion, Relationship, Or Reality?

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ,
God making his appeal through us.
We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God
.
~ 2 Corinthians 5:20 ~

Many have said, myself included, that Christianity is a "relationship, not a religion." What do you think about this statement?

I believe it comes down to Columbo Tactic #1, which would ask, "What do you mean by religion?...What do you mean by relationship?"

Wanting to clarify this topic, I would say that Christianity is Reality...

If you are interested in this topic, I highly recommend checking into one or all of these links...here, here, and here.

Here is an excerpt from Wintery Knight:

My concern with the notion of Christianity as a relationship is that people will cash it out as a subjective thing that they do for fun privately and that it is never the basis of public actions or words. And my fear is that without theology, people just project their own character onto God and discern his character through their feelings and intuitions, instead of through a study of the Bible and theology (emphasis added).