Saturday, April 19, 2008

What's Your Mission?

Have you ever wondered if you have a specific mission in life? A specific purpose?

In John 17, Jesus Prays for His Followers! If you are a Christ Follower, this Prayer should blow you away and ROCK your world! Christ Follower, Jesus Prays and gives YOU a mission...let that sink in!

From Verses 13-19
In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world,

I give them a mission in the world.
I'm consecrating myself for their sakes
So they'll be truth-consecrated in their mission.

Jesus goes on to Pray about His Mission....

From Verses 24-26
Righteous Father, the world has never known you,
But I have known you, and these disciples know
That you sent me on this mission.
I have made your very being known to them—
Who you are and what you do—
And continue to make it known,

Jesus had a Mission to make God known, The very being of God known to all...Who He is and What He does!

As a Christ Follower, your mission is the same. So how are you making the very being of God known today? Tomorrow? God has given you specific gifts and abilities...He has entrusted specific people and places and spaces for you to be in. Christ Follower, you will be a better family member, you will be better at your work, you will be a better student, you will be a better athlete, a better musician, etc, etc if your mission is to make God known.

I am not talking about having a bulletin board strapped around your neck that says "Repent" and shouting through a megaphone, "Sinners, you are all sinners, God loves you but hates your sin." No dude, I am talking about using your gifts and talents to Worship God, to take care of your family and to serve your community.

Live your Mission. When your mission is to make God known, everything else falls into place!

Look how Jesus closes out His Prayer for Christ Followers as He speaks to The Heavenly Father...
So that your love for me
Might be in them
Exactly as I am in them.

With The Love of God and The Spirit of Jesus in you, your mission will be fulfilled!