Sunday, June 29, 2008

"What Next?" Instead of "What If?"

"A Change of Place plus a change of pace equals a change of perspective." ~Mark Batterson~


Many times in life, I think we all need to change our perspective so that we can change our mindset. So in terms of your life, take some meditation time and visualize your life from The Cross, place yourself on The Cross and see your life as Jesus sees it. I believe this will help change your perspective...


Change Of Perspective?
The reason this is so important is because...

1. God has, is, or will give you a calling in life
2. You should be confident to follow His lead

When God called Moses in Exodus 3 & 4 to free His people (People of Israel) from the Egyptians, Moses kept objecting. He kept objecting because of his perspective. He was too focused on himself and his own self-imposed limitations that he was making the challenge bigger than The God who was making the call.

In Exodus 3.9-12, God gives Moses His assignment, Moses replies, "But why me?" God says, "I'll be with you." Then as we journey together over to Exodus 4, Moses continues to object...

But Moses protested again, “What if they won’t believe me or listen to me? What if they say, ‘The Lord never appeared to you?"
Exodus 4:1 (NIV) ,emphasis added

Moses raised another objection to God: "Master, please, I don't talk well. I've never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer."
Exodus 4:10 (The Message), emphasis added

Change Of Questions
So here is what we need to do. We need to change our perspective and anticipate what God is going to do in our lives and we need to be ready and excited about it! We need to say the following...

"What Next?" instead of saying "What If?"

See what is next in part 2 of this series in the next post!!!