Monday, February 22, 2010

Complete Faith

There are many references to Faith throughout Scripture and I love studying them all. My Prayer has always been to have BIG Faith...a huge size faith...perhaps my answer to the infamous "superhero" question on "What would your power be if you were a superhero?" would be to have the power of Faith...

But as I was reading through 1 Peter 4 the other night, I came across verse 19 which states:

If you suffer for obeying God, you must have complete faith
in your faithful Creator and keep on doing right.

I love this verse because it has shifted my thinking...maybe Faith is not a matter of having more versus less or BIG versus small...maybe our Faith should be viewed as COMPLETE versus incomplete...

Jesus Rose from the tomb to complete our salvation...I look forward to walking closer to Him as I strive to complete my faith and live the life He has called me to live.

Keep on doing right. Persevere. Stay Strong. Obey God.
Complete your Faith.

• • •

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect,
but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
Philippians 3.12