Monday, June 21, 2010

Seeking Jesus

Thoughts about seeking Jesus...

> We don't seek Him for His sake...I have heard that we can't search for Jesus because He is not lost...True, Jesus is not lost, but this does not mean that we can't seek after or look for Jesus...it's the frame of reference that defines what it means to seek or search for Christ...we look, not to find Jesus, but instead to find ourselves clothed in Christ.

The way The Scriptures speak of seeking Jesus is for our sake, not His...we are the one's who are lost without Him...

So it's not that Jesus needs us to find Him, it's that He provides what we are looking for...

There are loads of Scripture that speak of our necessity to seek Christ...but here are three great ones for reference:

The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who
seek the LORD lack no good thing.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple