Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Giving Father

For the past two days, I have kept my beautiful 15 month old daughter. My wife went to work; my little friend and I went to play! Today, around 2:30pm, my wife's work at the office was slowing down. She called and wanted to be with our little gift from God. So, little cutie and I turned off the cartoon, packed up her milk, put her silver shoes on and left for moma's office!

I've got to tell you, spending all day and all night together with your little child will give you life. When I was giving her to 'moma' at 2:30pm, it was hard. Here's the deal. Selfishly, I wanted to keep her home and continue rolling around on the ground with her listening to her contagious laugh. It's not like I was giving her away to a stranger. I was giving her and her moma time to play in the afternoon since I had the chance to "hog" her for the past two days.

When I drove away. I missed her. We had spent all day and all night together...no day care...no work...just us. As I drove away I began thinking about God the Father giving us His One and Only Son Jesus Christ and then the Son giving His life on the Cross. The Father gave His Son over to death. For you, me, the church, the world!

As a dad, I think of my daughter and my son. Then I think of God the Father's Son. How much love is in God that He would give His One and Only Son for us. I had a hard enough time simply giving my daughter over to my wife for two half and hours :)

God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son...being a dad now, I have only begun to realize what kind of God we have who loves us that much....God have mercy on us for being numb to Your love, Oh Father...