Saturday, January 10, 2009

Amazed! Great Faith!

In the last post, I talked about Persistent Prayer...with that you could also draw a parallel with persistent faith...

So another type of faith to go along with persistent faith would be a "Great Faith."

Jesus Is Amazed
In Luke 7.1-10, Jesus gets AMAZED! He gets amazed because He witnesses a "Great Faith."

The story is about an army officer who has a servant about to die and the officer knows that Jesus can heal him. The army officer sends his men to Jesus, because he thinks he is not worthy to be in the presence of The Lord...his men relay this message to Jesus, "Lord, don't trouble yourself, because I am not worthy to have you come into my house. That is why I did not come to you myself.

And then we see the climax of this passage where the army officer says, "But you only need to command it, and my servant will be healed."

The NIV says it like this, "But say the word, and my servant will be healed."

Say The Word
I love that! The soldier has so much faith that He believes Jesus does not even have to be in the same room with the dying servant, all Jesus has to do is "Say The Word" and the servant will be healed.

So here is what happens: "When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to the crowd that was following him, he said, "I tell you, this is the greatest faith I have found anywhere, even in Israel. Those who had been sent to Jesus went back to the house where they found the servant in good health."

Our Faith
So here is the take home message: Does our faith AMAZE Jesus?

We must possess a persistent faith, a great faith, with persistent prayer...I want to have such a great faith that my Lord and Savior is AMAZED by it! Make the following your prayer of great faith today:

"Say The Word Lord. Command It. I believe. Lord, Say The Word. Amen."