Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fear: Which One?

Fear...we all have it. The question is, which one drives you. Take the test below.

1. Fear of missed opportunities
2. Fear of making a mistake

I would rather make a mistake than miss an opportunity. I would rather play offense than play defense. I would rather be proactive than reactive. Circumstances and Opportunities are all around us, we must take advantage of them. From Psalm 105.1-6, we see the following:

Keep your eyes open for God, watch for his works; be alert for signs of his presence.

It's all about Holy Anticipation, Holy Expectation. Psalm 5.3 says, Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

But when we do see the opportunity, we must act. James 2.20 says, You foolish person! Must you be shown that faith that does nothing is worth nothing?

Faith not in use is worthless. Jesus laid down His Life so that we could live. I want to live my life for Him the way He fought for me.

His death was not passive. My life will not be passive.