Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fractional Theorem of God's Will

Had a thought I wanted to follow up with from 1 Thessalonians 5.16-18 that I had made a reference to it in the last post. As I was commuting today around town, I heard Mark Batterson talk about this passage as I was listening to his podcast entitled "Prison: Good Deeds and Bad Mistakes." Cool thought he had on God's Will...

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Here is how Mark breaks The Scripture down, I like to think of it as "The Fractional Theorem Of God's Will"... God's Will is only 1/3 Circumstantial yet 2/3 Attitudinal.

Main idea is that if Jesus is our primary focus instead of our personal comfort, then our prayers and our joy (attitudes) will allow us to give thanks in all circumstances...therefore always being in God's Will.

Who or what is our primary focus? How is our attitude towards our circumstances? Is it Proactive or Reactive?