Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Live It

Emerson once said, "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears I cannot hear what you say."

Jesus preached a powerful message but He also Lived it...The disciples learned from not only what they heard, but what they saw...

The Medical profession is somewhat similar. Medical Resident's will go on rounds with the Attending Physician. They watch him/her...They study their every move...They listen as well...but they watch...The Attending has credibility because they are living what they teach...

I want to be a person who lives what they believe...and you know one thing that motivates me to live better...it is when someone tells me that I can not do something...this even pertains to my Christian life...

Mahatma Gandhi once said, “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

That stings...but there is truth to it...I don't want someone telling me that I am unlike The Christ I follow...So I must analyze myself...what would others say?

Gandhi's quote challenges me...does it challenge you?

If you and I want credibility, if we want to influence others, then our beliefs and our actions must be in sync...

1 Corinthians 13
says it best: What if I could speak all languages of humans and of angels? If I did not love others, I would be nothing more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.