Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pray With Boldness

One of my favorite statements is, "Pray like everything depends on God, Work like everything depends on you." I love this because it shows how God wants our partnership with Him. Well, if any of you are like me, I have been living an altered form of this statement lately...

Instead of Working like everything depends on me, I have been worrying like everything depends on me...

Instead of going to God in Prayer with Boldness, I have been "worrying" my Prayers...but allow me to say this...GOD SPEAKS!!! Look what He revealed to me in The Book of James last night, I Pray it speaks to you as well:

Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. ~ James 1.6-8 MSG ~

And here it is in the CEV version:

But when you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like an ocean wave tossed around in a storm. If you are that kind of person, you can't make up your mind, and you surely can't be trusted. So don't expect the Lord to give you anything at all. ~ James 1.6-8 CEV ~

Pleasing God
Asking Bodly, In Faith, and without doubt is HUGE! Look at Hebrews 11.6:

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (emphasis added).

Mark 11.24 goes on to say, Everything you ask for in prayer will be yours, if you only have faith.

Now this "Everything" (aka "Anything") is "Everything/Anything" in The Name of Jesus...

Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! ~ John 14.14 ~

This means, as The Message paraphrase puts it, Praying for anything along the lines of who Jesus is and what He is doing!

Prayers Answered
How is our Prayer life? Are we asking Boldly and In Faith, or are we doubting and filled with worry? Do we trust God...Is Prayer a relationship with God or a coping mechanism for worry? I want God to see me as a Rock, firm in my faith, not as an ocean wave tossed around in the storm.

Worry, Waiting, and Worship
One problem that may cause us to worry instead of worship is due to the fact that we are waiting. We say, "I'm just waiting on God."...Reality check: God does not need to catch up with us while we wait on Him....

I like how Perry Noble puts it, and I paraphrase: "God waits on us, we don't wait on Him...if we are waiting on God, then that must mean we are ahead of Him, and folks, we are not ahead of God!"

It's time I get back to Worshipping God instead of worrying about circumstances...

Lord, Forgive me for my lack of faith and trying to control through worry. I will focus on my boldness in Prayer because I Pray to you, The One and Only Bold God!

I'm convinced: You can do anything and everything. Nothing and no one can upset your plans. ~ Job 42.2 ~